Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Revising in Public

Our proposal: "Blog the Turtle: A group at THE University of Maryland presents its ongoing endeavor to explore and assimilate into the universe of links and musings known as the blogosphere."

The original subheading for our class blog, "This is the class blog for English 488B, Writing for the Blogosphere, at the University of Maryland. The class is being taught by Prof. Marilee Lindemann in the Fall 2010 semester," is not appropriate. A subheading should be something that excites the readers and draws them in, making them excited about reading the blog. This current subheading couldn't be more boring. Not only does it not get students in the class excited about writing for the blog, it does not encourage outsiders to see what we are doing. We believe our new proposal is more engaging because the voice draws people in and is not stuffy. What will you get if you vote for this? It's a surprise.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not even in this class, but this is clearly the best idea. BLOG THE TURTLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that this is the best revision. I don't go to UMD, but I'm from maryland and if I were to go to UMD, the "fear the turtle" slogan would be at least half of why I decided to go there. It's the best. I like that this revision incorporates that. BLOG THE TURTLE!

    ReplyDelete